My fab followers x

Wednesday 23 December 2015

Chocolate Baroque 18th Colour Challenge

Good morning Lovelies and a very Merry Christmas one and all, well yesterday was my birthday, bit of a non-event these days lol at now gulp! 54 years old I was hoping I could start going backwards lol

So today it is my turn to showcase my card for the Chocolate Baroque 18th Colour Challenge, please check the blog for the rules. Below are the colours you need to include in your project.

So for my card I used dies to create the shape, flowers and foliage which were coloured with Distress Inks, my background was stamped using Versamark and heat embossed using White embossing powder, a bubbly stamp from the Tangled Fragments stamp set, I then blended Festive Berries Distress ink over the stamped area fading it out towards the bottom, once I was happy I sandwiched it between some baking /greaseproof paper and ironed using a "Dry" hot iron, this is called the "Faux Batik" technique in case you didn't know lol, it re-melts the embossing leaving a smooth finish which then enables you to stamp over it using Archival or Stazon Inkpad, I did need to touch it up a bit with a black marker pen to make it a bit sharper, the word and squiggle are from Artistic Affirmation stamp set

I hope you like my creation, a nice change from Christmas projects given the colour combo, please pop along and check out my fab teamies creations too xx have a great day, don't stress out too much for the big man in red, enjoy your Christmas xx Zoe xx

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Zoe, A fabulous card, love those colours and the technique sounds lots of fun.

Jade

Jan said...

Great card love the kitty. Hope your having a great Christmas xx Jan

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Hi Zoe, just saw this gorgeous design on FB, love it ! Happy New Year, Shirleyxx